The federal skilled worker program is for those people who are selected to immigrate to the maple leaf nation because of skills and work experience.
As of Jan, 1 2015, candidates for the Federal skilled worker program will be selected to apply through the Express entry system. If they applied before Jan 1,2015, the individual’s application will be considered according to the former system.
The applicants, in order to be eligible to apply, they must have
What kind of work experience the applicants require ?
- Should be eligible to work in Canada
- Should be able to prove that he/she has sufficient money to support himself and their dependents after they arrive in Canada
- Should have atleast 1 year of full time or equivalent skilled work experience.
- Must have minimum language levels in English.
- Should have a post secondary certificate, diploma or degree.
- Should plan to live outside the province of Quebec.
Their work experience must be paid, full time or the equivalent part time hours. Full time does mean minimum 30 hours each week. They must have had work experience since last ten years
These limits do not apply if they have a permanent job offer.
The FSW point system
The Applicant requires minimum 67 points to be eligible to apply for FSW. They can get points based on
- Work experience
- Language Proficiency
- Arranged employment in Canada
- Applicant’s adaptability
Please note that the FSW point system is different from the Express Entry Points
For more information about this, please fill out Free assessment form
. One of our consultants will get back to you. For more updates follow us on Facebook , Twitter , Google+